We are always happy to receive non-fiction submissions in the categories below:
- Topical Affairs
- Green gardening
- Garden design
- Gift books (eg bridge)
- Ecology and conservation
Why Choose Henley Hall Press?
Choose Henley Hall if:
- your areas of interest align with ours
- you value original research, experience, passion and commitment
- you want your book to be the highest possible quality and reach the right readers.
Above all, we welcome books that will stand the test of time.
As a tiny publisher, our contribution is in the form of time rather than money.
Ten more reasons to choose Henley Hall Press
- We are not afraid to publish books that challenge received wisdom, provided that they are underpinned by fact and rigorous research.
- We offer editorial support to academics with access to primary sources but with limited experience of writing for a commercial readership.
- We focus our financial resources on first-class editing, designing, typesetting and social media marketing, rather than on large advances (we offer £500 as standard), lavish launches or book tours.
- We’re obsessed by detail – whether it’s matching the font with the tone of your book, or identifying online keywords to maximise its ‘findability’.
- We believe that successful publishing is a mix of science and art. Data is vital, but so is recognising the less tangible nuances of the market.
- We involve authors in all stages of the publishing process – and welcome your questions.
- We customise a marketing plan for every book we publish, and promote each book with a video trailer and social media campaign.
- We’re transparent about author contracts, and flag clauses where there are diverging booktrade opinions.
- We are willing to sell the paperback rights of a successful hardback to a mainstream publisher, to the benefit of both parties.
- Finally, we don’t tie in authors for future books – you are free to go elsewhere next time should you wish.
‘Susanne is an excellent advisor, carer of text and works tirelessly for the author,’ Don Shaw, BAFTA-winning screenwriter
Do you have a compelling book submission that fits in with our fledgling list? If so, we’re keen to hear from you.
But first, please note our submission guidelines.
- Before you submit material, please send a one-page letter summarising your book idea, why it should be published, the competition, and how you might help us market your book. A one-page summary and contents list would also be useful. This may be sent by email or as a hard copy.
- Tell us if you’re submitting your proposal to other publishers.
- If your idea resonates with us, we’ll ask you for a full hard-copy proposal, including sample chapters.
- We regret that we are unable to return any submissions. Please don’t enclose any valuable photographs or the like at this stage.
- We will respond to you quickly.
PLEASE NOTE: Submission of any material is at your own risk.
Submit your work